RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: pv_ops polish: config option & head file

Alex Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 17:19 +0800, Dong, Eddie wrote:
>> Oh, either are OK, just make sure we are in same page. Pleae
>> keep this here. But we need to make sure generic_defconfig can
>> include Xen machine vector in current case. Some Makefile/source
>> change
>> is needed to include this, I think REDHAT use generic_defconfig.
>
>    I don't think any distributions use defconfig directly.  The RH
> kernel config is significantly different.  I don't think we need to
> touch the defconfig for now.  It's useful to have an example domU

Sure, that is fine and can be a future minor task.

> config (I think I'm actually the one who requested it) as we put the
> pieces together.  We need to keep that integration in mind, but we're
> a long way from that point.  Thanks,

Something I want to get clarified first, eventually with pv_ops patch
series
get in, RH eventually will only compile to get one image to run on
different
platforms including xen machine. In this way all the codes with
CONFIG_XEN today must be either checked in as generic code, or pv_ops
 except for those dual compile codes such as IVT & gate.

In other word, CONFIG_XEN will disappear mostly. RIght?

Xen machine vector also needs to be compiled when in
CONFIG_IA64_GENERIC.

Thanks, eddie