Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] Xen/IPF Windows guest configured with E1000 VIF failed to ping host

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 20:13 +0800, Mu, Qin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When working on Xen/IPF built with source of unstable cs# 17197, I found
> that E1000 network card in windows guest works well but only failed to
> ping the host and other guests created by the same host.
>
> And the MAC address was always set to 00-16-FF-FF-FF-FF regardless the
> value specified by user in configuration file.
>
> E100 in windows guest doesn't have the problem. Both E100 and E1000 work
> well in Linux guest.
>
> Have you met ever this problem before? Please help if you know the right
> operations to enable e1000 model in windows guest.

Hi Amy,

   I typically use the e1000 with a Windows Server 2008 domain, using
the drivers shipped with the OS.  I don't have any problems with the MAC
or pinging the dom0 host or other local guests with this combination.  I
haven't done much testing using Server 2003 though.  Thanks,

        Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Open Source & Linux Org.