RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] Question about migration

Xu, Anthony writes:
> You are right here, if migration happens in the same machine,
> How about migrate to another physical machine?
> There may be different ITC value in different machine.

I tried it. Actually far ITC jumping has occurred.
This could happen in domain save/restore also.

But the monotonicity of system time (gettimeofday) is guaranteed.
that seems to be done in:
time_resume()@linux-2.6.18-xen.hg/arch/ia64/kernel/time.c.

IMHO the strict ITC emulation is not necessary for PV domain.

Thanks,
Kouya