[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] [PATCH] Fix TLB insertion for subpaging
- To: "Kouya Shimura" <kouya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:22:13 +0800
- Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:22:44 -0700
- List-id: Discussion of the ia64 port of Xen <xen-ia64-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcgMl02xvsCh9s81QEKeTktW2xVbhQAA2iLQ
- Thread-topic: [Xen-ia64-devel] [PATCH] Fix TLB insertion for subpaging
>From: Kouya Shimura [mailto:kouya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>Sent: 2007年10月12日 14:14
>To: Xu, Anthony
>Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] [PATCH] Fix TLB insertion for subpaging
>Hi Anthony and all,
>I heard that a lot of applications are rewrote in .NET for Longhorn.
>From my knowledge, only ia32 application uses 4k pagesize.
Is .NET compiled to ia32 application?
>Anyway, I succeeded in running Longhorn with modified openGFW.
>I'll post the openGFW patch after refinement.
>Alex's patch (sort guest memory map) seems to be indispensable for
>installing Longhorn-RC0. Thanks Alex.
>I'm looking forward to network and high resolution VGA.
Xing is working Qemu e100 emulation.
There is no plan to emulate high resolution VGA.
But if we have VTD, we can assign physical VGA to guest windows, dom0 uses
>Xu, Anthony writes:
> > Hi Kouya
> > This means there still are a lot of 32bit applications even on Longhorn.
> > - Anthony
> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >From: xen-ia64-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-ia64-
> > >bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kouya Shimura
> > >Sent: 2007年10月12日 12:48
> > >To: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > >Subject: [Xen-ia64-devel] [PATCH] Fix TLB insertion for subpaging
> > >
> > >Without this patch, Longhorn is sure to hang up.
> > >.NET application might hit this bug.
> > >itc.i instruction is repeated forever, because TLB entry with
> > >smaller page size is volatile.
> > >
> > >-- Kouya
> > >
> > >Signed-off-by: Kouya Shimura <kouya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Xen-ia64-devel mailing list