[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] [PATCH] [Resend]Enable hash vtlb
- To: "Tristan Gingold" <Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx>, <xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:01:09 +0800
- Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 01:01:24 -0700
- List-id: Discussion of the ia64 port of Xen <xen-ia64-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcZeBjx6UvAWwxKXQUyeWX1s6a/QrwAACNwA
- Thread-topic: [Xen-ia64-devel] [PATCH] [Resend]Enable hash vtlb
>From: Tristan Gingold [mailto:Tristan.Gingold@xxxxxxxx]
>Sent: 2006年4月12日 15:53
>To: Xu, Anthony; xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [Xen-ia64-devel] [PATCH] [Resend]Enable hash vtlb
>Le Vendredi 07 Avril 2006 21:02, Xu, Anthony a écrit :
>> Hash vTLB is intended to address SMP scalability for large system.
>If I understand correctly, the Hash vTLB patch doesn't handle itc whose ps >
>rr.ps (there is a panic here).
Correct, Hash vTLB doesn't handle multiple page sizes on the same region.
Linux doesn't use multiple page sizes on the same region.
Linux uses region 4 to handle hugetlb like 256M, rr4.ps is set to 256M.
>After a few minutes of thinking, I don't see how this could be done.
>Any hint ?
Break this huge tlb into several small tlbs whose page size is equal to rr.ps.
Xen-ia64-devel mailing list