[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [elilo-discuss] a patch to make elilo loadanother module
- To: "Magenheimer, Dan \(HP Labs Fort Collins\)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>, "Yang, Fred" <fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 07:12:14 +0800
- Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:10:24 +0000
- List-id: DIscussion of the ia64 port of Xen <xen-ia64-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcWYaSAKDEpFITOYRmOMPwJnp5q9pQAADjIQADg3V1AALzs7IAAA1IBAAJG2/gAAqDjkoAAncIggAACVmVA=
- Thread-topic: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [elilo-discuss] a patch to make elilo loadanother module
Very good suggestion, I can do this,
What I concern is where xen can put dom0 initrd.img in dom0 physical address
In native environment, the initrd.img loading address is determined by elilo
memory allocate function.
How can xen determine this address? In theory, xen should not manage dom0
physical address space.
From: Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) [mailto:dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx]
Sent: 2005年8月13日 6:50
To: Yang, Fred; Xu, Anthony
Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [elilo-discuss] a patch to make elilo
Nice. I'll give the recipe a try next week.
Should this kind of computation be in a macro
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Yang, Fred [mailto:fred.yang@xxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 10:29 PM
> To: Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins); Xu, Anthony
> Cc: xen-ia64-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [Xen-ia64-devel] RE: [elilo-discuss] a patch to
> make elilo loadanother module
> Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins) wrote:
> > Great! I would be happy to try out a preliminary
> > version of these instructions... Last Friday, I managed
> > to trash one disk on my test machine and partially trash
> > another, both running RHEL3.2. Rather than reinstall 3.2
> > and then install RHEL4 a few days later, I will just
> > wait and go straight to RHEL4.
> Attached is a Knowhow to create elilo patch for loading
> kernel as module, as well as Xen patch for Vti.
> Please note this patches are only a tempory patches, we will
> come out yet another patch in a couple days.
> Current kernel input can only be unzipped image. The next
> patch will make "module" as the deafult linux kernel and do
> the corrsponding unzip within elilo. The system.h patch will
> be surrounded with "#ifdef CONFG_Xen". Xen patch will also
> include non-VT-I patch code (but without validation due to
> target linux issue :()
Xen-ia64-devel mailing list