Re: [Xen-devel] EFI and multiboot2 devlopment work for Xen

On 22.10.2013 18:51, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 04:36:04PM +0000, Maliszewski, Richard L wrote:
>> I may be off-base, but when I was wading through the grub2 code earlier
>> this year, it looked to me like it was going to refuse to launch anything
>> via MB1 or MB2 if the current state was a secure boot launch.
>
> Are you talking about upstream GRUB2 or GRUB2 with tons of distros
> patches including linuxefi one. If later one it could be the case.
>
> Daniel

secureboot patch in its current state has only one goal: make microsoft
sign existing image and load linux. If we integrate it with GRUB
signatures check (as far as GNU policy permits but rest would be tiny)
then it will be a matter of choosing which way xen is going to be
signed. I'd recommend GnuPG detached signature (xen and xen.sig) but
don't insist on it.