Re: [Xen-devel] Moving xen*.hg to git

>>> On 20.02.13 at 16:27, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If any committer needs help getting git to work please feel free to
> ask.  git has many advantages but its user interface has received very
> mixed reviews.  We appreciate that you might need handholding.  So if
> you get confused, or into trouble, do consult.

So one thing I found very handy with hg was that there was a
single line history with easy to look at changeset numbers. Is there
any way to achieve the same with git? I'm asking particularly in the
context of backporting: In order to pick changes from unstable (now
master), so far I simply scanned the history, tracking (on a sheet of
paper) at which c/s I last left off.

Thanks, Jan