[Xen-devel] Xen.org automatic Xen test system, de-tentacled

I have been working on disentangling the automatic test system
("osstest" on xenbits) enough that it can be run without all of its
supporting infrastructure.

I think I have now succeeded.  Well, I have a branch which the brave
might like to try.  When we have ironed out the configuration bugs and
so forth I will try it on the live production system and try to fix
the breakages I have no doubt introduced there.

If you would like to have a go:
 - You will need local DHCP and TFTP servers, ideally on the
   same machine
 - You will probably need a dedicated test box.  The test system
   likes to reinstall although it is now possible to avoid this
 - git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/osstest.git
 - cd osstest
 - git checkout standalone
 - less README

And follow the instructions.  The README is also here:
 http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=osstest.git;a=blob;f=README;hb=standalone

The instructions are still sketchy and I'm sure there are many hurdles
and wrinkles.  So as I say this is for the brave only.  But if one or
two people (Ian C has expressed an interest) would like to try it that
would be helpful.

The ultimate intent is to make it much easier for other people to
contribute test cases, and also to make it easier to integrate our
test cases into some other continuous integration system.

I have tested, more or less recently, installing a host, running a
complete job (including a build and a test job).

Thanks,