Re: [Xen-devel] maximum memory size allocated by _xmalloc

Though the issue has been written one month ago,
I post my own experience on it.

Unfortunately, it was not the matter of the requested mem size or xmalloc function.
The problem was due to the free memory scrubbing.

I set my xmalloc code in the middle of the bootup code of xen after the free memory scrubbing function.
But the placement was wrong.

After i relocated the code line before the scrubbing function,
it worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help!

2012-07-11 ìí 6:13, Chulmin Kim ì ê:
Hi all,

I'm currently inserting my own code to adjust the several existing memory
ballooning works.

To accomplish it, I manage some kind of statistics in Xen memory area.

Using _xmalloc, I've allocated certain size of memory chunk for the data
structure. ( I varied it from 10kb to 24 MB.)

When the size is equal to 24 MB, xen won't boot anymore.  (stuck during the
xmalloc, according to my debugging. _xmalloc returns NULL.)
There was no problem when the size is below 12MB.

Is there any limitation such as max memory size for _xmalloc?

I suspected xen heap size, but, it is no longer adjustable. Right?

I hope somebody can give me a clue.  Thanks.