[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Grab the physical address of a label
- To: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Zeinab Alebouyeh <z.alebouyeh@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:15:29 -0700
- Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 18:15:46 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=+cMITHKjHIYuLkurFsKqKTllMj3+sDjkK+wit5GLFX8=; b=uDbEnGfvZeksdl2Db8TwTq54J5jL8QCJQPpa9H1YC3+XhhM1tUvHc32QUOfRmDgCtU zgRSAqyO1o07RsxjE0Jz1YOsqlDLK1BgPuoKcnU+DIrrBTK61j/ZFsRsEMDVRKxNdOVx cnH0w3n87oSn5yWJG5xr8fDMhCO7NEtycqLzvPSRT8JP2J4aeo+ln8WKxwsAE8YlRQAi DnX5LH6ZzBakrfvfWzgeNup5DPpXnZFt2THzPoPFhXtZ82nO6HCzqyDdfcluaJW4kaYH trDFoGsmJ6POoFj+2TEtkGcOuBwM7k2pG3+2wVSkDu7ybcnxvDVEn8UEzMd/w+Uh/zsR Bxnw==
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xen.org>
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Please don't top post, it makes it hard to follow the flow of the
You might also find it useful to read
I'm not sure what this has to do with taking the address of a label,
On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 05:29 +0100, Zeinab Alebouyeh wrote:
> Thanks but I think if I find the base physical address of xen image I
> can convert virtual address to physical address
like you originally asked, but...
There are macros to convert a xenheap virtual address into a physical
one and back, see __pa and __va. (Note that these only work for xenheap
Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit hypervisor?
> I'm working in xen4 and my platform is: Processor AMD 64 and Centos 6
> i386 with 8G of RAM
I strongly recommend basing all future x86 work on 64-bit Xen, even if
you are using a 32 bit dom0.
Yes, Xen will relocate itself at start of day. You should be able to
> Can anyone tell me The physical address that xen image load in it?
> This physical address depends on platform?
figure out the details from the implementation of __pa and __va.
It might be helpful if you described what you are actually trying to
achieve here -- what is your end goal?
Because currently I'm not in lab I don't know my hypervisor is 32b or 64 bit.
I'm working in a security project. for improve security of applications running in virtualized environment. I want to use the security instruction of AMD SVM named SKINIT.
because this instruction must run in ring0, I add a hypercall in xen and write my codes in my hypercall function.
The skinit instruction takes the physical address of a block as an input operand( in the eax register) and establish a secure execution environment for a software component(block)
I have a label in my hypercall function that is the start of my block. In order to use skinit I want grab the physical address of my label to save in eax register.
Thanks if anyone help me.
Xen-devel mailing list