Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to get QXL vga working / videomem over 4MB issue

On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 12:21 +0100, Anthony PERARD wrote:
> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Anthony -- any idea why the videoram setting doesn't work with upstream
> > qemu?
>
> Well, the parameter could be pass to qemu qxl, but it's not yet. But
> then, it seams you have to have this value of at least 32MB, otherwise
> the value is increase in qemu.
>
> For cirrus/stdvga, there is no way to pass the parameter to qemu, the
> size in qemu is fixed to 8MB.

OK, so this is simply a feature which upstream qemu doesn't have. That's
fine.

I guess xl.cfg(5) needs updating to make it clear that this option only
applies to qemu-xen-traditional.

The docs also currently say that for stdvga the default is 8MB and for
not stdvga (by which I guess it means Cirrus) the default if 4MB. So I
guess even this is inaccurate for qemu-xen-upstream?

Can someone send a patch please?