[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] IMPORTANT: Changes to XenSummit Format : Please vote!
- To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-arm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:16:21 +0100
- Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:16:49 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=sender:message-id:date:from:reply-to:user-agent:mime-version:to :subject:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=YoOTErKoULE6DyteZ528o3Ip/skRLLdixA0OBftrtms=; b=dssaMbANR+e1HjmFv5UIxt2zuWHVgD9csC3Bhin6B//mwgkFjEUTarszRtH/I/RMdK dXceNqKh41qRcDIk1/Tmdqosh2d+MJYb4SWm7ZgiH7KzgZnyChcYRV7ulR/4VSNmiG6X ia30Fe58v+pGwiTZDHcgj3l6zfCX4EHscOisLPS3AGe2vWiABqeuwY9oEGmoLfrct8et sKLLBY5T8SaZ73pWGEbHHvw8AtArT+XFb0d0tdmYuT5ujVXbCicF7rAK08V67KVRHN3U ybOzgbYzdOdbjWgUUJwH2y8CNCyJPHQOPn4IhIA1a09mt27HYMJiTo5hJ2ORcwh3wr5G 1aZg==
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xen.org>
I have been talking to a number of the key contributors to the project
regarding XenSummit and got feedback on the format of XenSummit. Please
read, if you are active in the community and DO VOTE!
Change of date in CFP!
First I wanted to annouce that we are extending the CFP from May 1st to
15th of June. Key community members felt that May 1 is too early. In
particular because we have closed the CFP 5-6 weeks before the event in
the past. Due to contractual issues June 15th is the last day we can do
Proposal! PLEASE READ!
A number of vendors felt we should change the format of XenSummit to be
more like the Linux Kernel Summit. I.e.
a) An invite only event for the top 20-30 developers of the project
b) The main focus would be around finding technical solutions and making
I can see the merit of this, but it is too late to do this for all of
XenSummit due to event contracts that havce been signed.
However we have a number of options, moving towards this:
1) Start half a day early and have an invite only XenDev Event event on
2) Cut XenSummit short by 1/2 day and append the XenDev event. This may
incur some financial penalties for Xen.org and the overall ticket cost
may have to be higher than in the past.
3) Do the invite only meeting in parallel with XenSummit. I have an
additional large room on TUE the 27th, which we could use for this and I
also have two break-out rooms and can allocate one of them to the XenDev
event (these were intended for people sitting together and hacking on
stuff and/or BoFs). There are several options: hold the XenDev event on
3.1) 26th afternoon
3.2) 27th morning
3.3) 27th afternoon
In my view option 1) and 3.1) have the advantage that we can report back
to XenSummit, that nobody will miss key talks and that people can sit
together in the break-out rooms.
Please vote by providing. Vote closes by the 27th. Vote by replying to
this mail with ...
-1: none of the above (i.e. I dont want a XenDev event)
+1 for a DevMeeting on sunday (aka for proposal 1)
+1 for cutting XenSummit short (aka for proposal 2)
+1 for parallel 26th PM (aka proposal 3.1)
+1 for parallel 27th AM (aka proposal 3.2)
+1 for parallel 27th PM (aka proposal 3.3)
Xen-devel mailing list