[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Understanding AMD NPT in xen
- To: Wei Wang <wei.wang2@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: Steven <wangwangkang@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:06:22 -0400
- Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:06:41 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=pWwtonKfgGL/Q7aVD1wr12lPZF5fC4RuFDytVGjGaZs=; b=kYZwZ64GypeqpAm5tmWaJuHUCMSh0s3XIl2BBjA9WDotRQaI4eqYSkcJ7FkqP/6mRt n4JT2B8p6qHnLp8A4v72HDzE8wBl43t+S4xC/a1nSTOGMPbKzMoGzKTS89+DtKcN3bPu o2bbanIM2UTfjWWcNDvPeDg1f/3Wpo52B1YqzUeCfmlYx8h4TrxQJYPZn/vuFM5nP8t1 Sci84/8HveJNFABdVo6+Mz/EZQsYCmjkLqZziPS3Toy5VNer0vByUdMWDOb3CvceoxwA QWUPIe5SwJ+7ih+OPeu3XbnPSa5Hz8WCzLKlJqeerdzjDaFV1YFXwZHIa8hd6oaxcCHr WhgA==
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xen.org>
I have read you slides in xen summit 2007 about NPT in AMD, "AMD
Barcelona and Nested Paging Support in Xen".
However, I have some question regarding the nested page walk in your slide 8.
In your slide 8, the first step is to get gPA from get_PML4(gCR3,gVA).
I assume that it use the [47:39] bit of gVA.
However, in another AMD white paper, "AMD-VTM Nested Paging".
In its figure 4, I saw that the first step is to translate gCR3 using
nested page walk and then combine with the gVA[47:39] to read the
These two documents look having different order of reading the guest
page table. In the slides, it first get_PML4. But in the white paper,
it first does nested page walk.
I am wondering which one is true. Thanks.
Xen-devel mailing list