[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Need help with fixing the Xen waitqueue feature
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:58:35 +0000
- Cc: Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 09:59:36 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:user-agent:date:subject:from:to:cc:message-id:thread-topic :thread-index:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=eZklurG9c+BdaimsI6OgGfsAmyRB+sAQmVacRo2tMaE=; b=QcUELd/oE2zm2zmouDwO3TC4XWTXS1aQdwkgHJai2ZGIlvBtYTubdd0MWRPpvqtGAF HPJnMVyuktIBvqQM85eIsZ9a21euty532gxzCr9Qk4DzBfP0En20t42yvcmStEwfKpjX 5oiZ0cddvDzw7M5sV9+QXJLGVJMdxRUCg9RW4=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: Acyqj6FL7prPnlwo5kSBkAXLhCAerg==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Need help with fixing the Xen waitqueue feature
On 24/11/2011 09:15, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Attached three patches for you to try. They apply in sequence.
>> 00: A fixed version of "domain_crash on stack overflow"
>> 01: Reorders prepare_to_wait so that the vcpu will always be on the
>> waitqueue on exit (even if it has just been woken).
>> 02: Ensures the vcpu wakes up on the same cpu that it slept on.
> Didn't we (long ago) settle on not permitting new calls to
This was a reaction to lazy patches which sprinkled d_c_s calls around
liberally, and in unsafe locations, as a dodge around proper error handling.
Xen-devel mailing list