[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] xen-netfront: report link speed to ethtool
- To: Ben Hutchings <bhutchings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:17:22 +0100
- Cc: netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy.fitzhardinge@xxxxxxxxxx>, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 19:18:25 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1321643860; l=975; s=domk; d=aepfle.de; h=In-Reply-To:Content-Type:MIME-Version:References:Subject:Cc:To:From: Date:X-RZG-CLASS-ID:X-RZG-AUTH; bh=pcTZfPfW3C12XoGr0b6xrrcxZno=; b=MipAPcRZLqsWwg+3W6j/Mh2cLrfJBgtB3INzpvuwUTgxan1qbFqja1XH6oSMmzFAkdW a0FmD2pmH2UnCRvr+t8WSMrKW3QAVQcHyu1zJ+guR68kPszfoKuZqSust4j3K762A6yCq a/ZjQXAq6SMImF9tR2T/L8bgSQ0N5emYuyc=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On Fri, Nov 18, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 19:43 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 18, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > > On Fri, 2011-11-18 at 17:48 +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> > > > The reported data refers to VMWare vmxnet.
> > > NAK, we should not just make things up.
> > So how about removing veth_get_settings, vmxnet3_get_settings,
> > tun_get_settings and other functions that escaped my grep?
> If they can't provide meaningful information then maybe they should be
> removed. However, that could result in a regression for existing
> working configurations. (This isn't the same as the case you're trying
> to fix, since those applications have never worked with xen-netfront or
> many other drivers that don't implement get_settings.)
That may be.
How about a new generic ethtool_op_get_settings_veth which returns fake
values for all relevant drivers (virtio, xen-netfront, and the ones
Xen-devel mailing list