[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: UNS: Re: [Xen-devel] BAR 0: cirrusfb load errors prevent hvm domu from getting resolutions above 800x600
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 03:31:41 -0500
- Cc: Flavio <fbcyborg@xxxxxxxxx>, "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 00:33:32 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=bellsouth.net; s=s1024; t=1321518710; bh=g1zafPkqVRtZMpV6dQaqjsSVDbRCAhF2mKF7aumZQZU=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:From:To:Cc:Subject:Date:Message-ID:User-Agent:In-Reply-To:References:MIME-Version:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type; b=LIixORRXdAERdo4oe6BWYmj+Grtragxpq81PnSXzn0tf5gBjSpsvi7zEmAVmY+jbR9I8MrC+0aGIxfEa23d425WEdRtZ3E7tj8D+94THSHeVFFDEGJU1RZCRqOy2lGoz18USjgCjC7oFv5angPMBnVkOtbQbINRz6YVf0DFOj1A=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On Thu November 17 2011, 8:10:08 AM, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >>> On 17.11.11 at 00:28, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sounds more like a kernel problem.
> > <4>[ 0.629101] vesafb: cannot reserve video memory at 0xf0000000
> This doesn't tell what component did the reservation before this point,
> but that's what he/you will need to find out. And then compare with
> the cirrusfb case.
I thought that's what this meant:
[ 0.667812] vesafb: framebuffer at 0xf0000000, mapped to
0xffffc90000580000, using 1875k, total 4096k
Looks like vesafb reserved it.
> One significant difference of course is the DRM base fb driver in the
> radeon case - to compare apples with apples, DRM should really be
> removed from the picture.
True. I was just pointing out that there is a mechanism for vesafb handing off
control to another video driver:
<3>[ 259.974310] fb: conflicting fb hw usage radeondrmfb vs VESA VGA -
removing generic driver
Any ideas where to go from here? Thanx.
Xen-devel mailing list