[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH 5/6] hvmloader: Change memory relocation loop when overlap with PCI hole.
- To: Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 14:52:03 +0000
- Cc: tim@xxxxxxx, allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 07:53:03 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:user-agent:date:subject:from:to:cc:message-id:thread-topic :thread-index:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=NR/7Jd5AePzBrwHQuCZfIAUMXoLWtYmvfK4flzKOoaU=; b=OL3pvyR0mWVsqbr7nW+v16sqiMZK1WrZmNgCGHrWk6aHXSyZW0Bnq89GQ+8DcZZXAS bD7T5TUWUervkOmjrQ4RP/fMs2ZUJa11/Xrjqg0YMYkLTZ/k8ktT89HCkOBAhUN6KuM9 zWOONJGFnaUe8qnwKkxTpGaYA11DGGVqscnCU=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcybAVA3vof20DN6EkWp0KTZ2ihH4w==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [PATCH 5/6] hvmloader: Change memory relocation loop when overlap with PCI hole.
On 04/11/2011 10:38, "Jean Guyader" <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Change the way we relocate the memory page if they overlap with pci hole.
> Use new map space (XENMAPSPACE_gmfn_range) to move the loop into xen.
> This code usually get triggered when a device is pass through to a guest
> and the PCI hole has to be extended to have enough room to map the device
> The PCI hole will starts lower and it might overlap with some RAM that has
> alocated for the guest. That usually happen if the guest has more than 4G of
> We have to relocate those pages in high mem otherwise they won't be
If the size field in the add_to_physmap structure is reduced to 16 bits, the
new if() stmt will probably have to become a while() again.
The new printf's are just excess verbiage. We dump the memory map as we exit
> Signed-off-by: Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> tools/firmware/hvmloader/pci.c | 20 ++++++++++++++------
> 1 files changed, 14 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
> Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel mailing list