[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Re: [PATCH] VirtioConsole support.
- To: Christian Borntraeger <borntraeger@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 10:15:01 -0400
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stephen Boyd <sboyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@xxxxxxx>, Miche Baker-Harvey <miche@xxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rusty Russell <rusty@xxxxxxxxxx>, virtualization@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Amit Shah <amit.shah@xxxxxxxxxx>, Hendrik Brueckner <brueckner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Anton Blanchard <anton@xxxxxxxxx>, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Perches <joe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 07:16:36 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 01:38:15PM +0100, Christian Borntraeger wrote:
> On 02/11/11 23:02, Rusty Russell wrote:
> > Ben, Christian, can you figure out what's going on? Is it time for a
> > complete rewrite?
> You are talking about hvc console? Yes it has so many users that it is now
> something like a console/tty layer extension, but it was never designed to be
> I think the hardest part would be to get all users together (for testing and
> requirements) and then to find someone that is actually doing that rework.
I am volunteering myself to test the Xen user of it. Perhaps even add some
albeit my knowledge of the hvc console is that "it works" (well, with this minor
> know if the pain level is already that high?
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
> the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
Xen-devel mailing list