[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Phoronix Xen vs KVM vs Virtualbox benchmark with Ubuntu 11.10
- To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: Mark Dokter <dokter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 12:31:29 +0100
- Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 04:32:23 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=tugraz.at; s=mailrelay; t=1320147095; i=@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; bh=5Rin+ROLHjXdDV7MLWEuELMMkjJ3mw3vBg9VBGGnOS0=; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:MIME-Version:To:Subject:References: In-Reply-To:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=nsdfoHNqRTrhgl0dCS653nnsYGAb1948ChOcOSN1nRV7ijoUJG3Wjmyka9CiaW4JG bkoAaW6PO7DLcO+oHyYNUEYLTQTW+tRNaVXzJZcOrmf9OFEmccQehM3UoyTPlvtjTI tlKVTgvR28AdxdoKvnfDcNynQKEwQHPbx+oWWlaE=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On 10/31/2011 10:40 PM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> Ubuntu 11.10 with Xen 4.1.1 and Linux 3.0.
I've read the article and was surprised.
> Xen seems to be doing very poorly on that benchmark.
> If someone has time to repeat that benchmark it would be good..
> Comparing the results to those from Stefano from XenSummit 2011 NA there has
> be something wrong..
> the results at XenSummit were pretty much the opposite compared to those by
In that test, the KVM machine uses virtio disk and nic devices, while
the Xen machine uses the qemu emulated devices. Could that be the cause
for the poor performance?
> -- Pasi
Xen-devel mailing list