[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Re: some questions of IO ring in xenpaging
- To: zhen shi <bickys1986@xxxxxxxxx>
- From: Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 13:31:55 +0200
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 04:33:50 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1315222334; l=1453; s=domk; d=aepfle.de; h=In-Reply-To:Content-Type:MIME-Version:References:Subject:Cc:To:From: Date:X-RZG-CLASS-ID:X-RZG-AUTH; bh=82HXdVDvczLB/cEpac5rn7Vz7gc=; b=M73r3HJtm51oLeMBNxZjKAc/3xeixu6ZaHleppWzBdWUSAdbnp/zFE9sODXdxp/eipu iywDZlcA23dqSfxyEUUGVwYKnS43fd52Ed8t/3cogjG1dyGaB9lq+pn6o7ANO5fgaaLCY mSdGs/apwINjEFbvFD0Dg8Y4rYCSuXVqg/k=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On Thu, Sep 01, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 01, zhen shi wrote:
> > Hi Olaf --
> > I have two questions to ask you about xenpaging.
> > 1) When guest os causes page_fault for the accessed page is paging_out
> > or paged, it will execute p2m_mem_paging_populate(). and in
> > p2m_mem_paging_populate() it will first check if the ring is full.
> > when I ran with domU suse11 4G memory and 8vcpus, I found there will
> > be a corruption in checking the ring.
> > For example, if 4vcpus are met with page faults when they access
> > different pages, and there is only four free-requests for the ring.
> > and then they call p2m_mem_paging_populate(),and execute
> > mem_event_check_ring(d) at the same time.All will find ring is not
> > full,and will fill the requests. It will cause the latter request to
> > cover the front request.
> > and I think there should a lock before the mem_event_check_ring(d),
> > and normally it unlock after mem_event_put_request(d, &req).
> > You can review the attached doc of xenpaging_IO_ring.txt to see if my
> > opnion is right.
> Yes, you are right.
> I think mem_event_check_ring() should reserve a reference, and
> mem_event_put_request() should use that reference.
> mem_sharing_alloc_page() even has a comment that this should be done.
Try this patch. It implements some ref counting.
Xen-devel mailing list