[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] xenstored: allow guests to shutdown all of its watches using XS_RESET
Olaf Hering writes ("[Xen-devel] [PATCH] xenstored: allow guests to shutdown
all of its watches using XS_RESET"):
> Add a new XS_RESET command to do the reset on behalf of the guest.
I'm afraid I still think this is wrong.
* The XS_RESET command as you have it takes too many arguments. It
should probably not take any arguments at all.
* You have failed to update the specification document which describes
the xenstored protocol (in docs/misc/)
* Your XS_RESET command doesn't just delete watches and transactions.
- discards outstanding responses to earlier commands
- discards potential incoming partial commands
- resets the ring pointers
I don't think any of these things are necessary. If they are,
please explain. I think you should have your do_reset simply call
conn_delete_all_watches and conn_delete_all_transactions.
Xen-devel mailing list