[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] [bug] 'VT-d 1G super page' feature is blocked
- To: Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx>
- From: "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:07:43 -0700
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Cc: "Ren, Yongjie" <yongjie.ren@xxxxxxxxx>, Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Hao, Xudong" <xudong.hao@xxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Li, Xin" <xin.li@xxxxxxxxx>, "Zhang, Yang Z" <yang.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:08:50 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: Acxb9MMNv95ASdLoRJOMKGGHF5iBIQBRWaag
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [bug] 'VT-d 1G super page' feature is blocked
This patch at least fixed the dom0 boot issue on my jaketown system when
sharept is used. I'm still having some issue in the guest which might not be
sharept related. I need to verify it further tomorrow as I need to leave early
When you get a chance, can you also make a similar patch for xen-4.1-testing?
Jan need it for backporting to SLES11.
From: Tim Deegan [mailto:tim@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:13 AM
To: Kay, Allen M
Cc: Ren, Yongjie; Xen Devel; Jan Beulich; Li, Xin
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [bug] 'VT-d 1G super page' feature is blocked
At 15:37 -0700 on 15 Aug (1313422621), Kay, Allen M wrote:
> > #define iommu_use_hap_pt(d) (paging_mode_translate(d) &&
> > iommu_hap_pt_share)
> Tim, should the code be checking for paging_mode_hap(d) instead to
> make sure HAP page table is used?
Ah, yes it should; thanks for spotting that. For AMD _external() is sufficient
but not for VtD. Updated version attached.
Tim Deegan <tim@xxxxxxx>
Principal Software Engineer, Xen Platform Team Citrix Systems UK Ltd. (Company
#02937203, SL9 0BG)
Xen-devel mailing list