[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete test-amd64-i386-xl
- To: "Liu, Jinsong" <jinsong.liu@xxxxxxxxx>, Ian Jackson <Ian.Jackson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, Stefano Stabellini <Stefano.Stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:50:13 +0100
- Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <Jeremy.Fitzhardinge@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:51:14 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=user-agent:date:subject:from:to:cc:message-id:thread-topic :thread-index:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=hFb6UNL9tiqon3/P/21APQJHzChWE/sSgXMg/AIy++8=; b=Z60Llg7lm8Zw+SQ05FCmdJd4OvqXWT+IOgiHDksLyX1IGHtdNTuwxhBdbBzS07uGGB FRiqj5AVO2kxqX69T+6j1w6SnjPyrf4SB5ahPIKeVW9Fm2tcXKh+BYHq3u+XW1MlYIIe E3E2m7xh0d2x6Kc45MHVvqDDWpPiDeUFW4d7s=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcxWoY12hTKBTf0U+ky9wLsIeXVntgCTXdagAASvIGoAALdKkAAAudAH
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable bisection] complete test-amd64-i386-xl
On 12/08/2011 16:37, "Liu, Jinsong" <jinsong.liu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> It looks strange to me. Native linux also update it to work well at
>>> different bios platform. We have tested it at our 'old' and a 'new'
>>> platform, it works well with the patch. I'm not sure why it cannot
>>> work at the machine you test.
>> It's obviously a latent bug in our handling of that table, which is
>> uncovered only when that table-validation check is relaxed to permit
>> parsing of the table on a much broader range of machines. Perhaps we
>> can work with you to run some out-of-tree patches to gather useful
>> tracing information on failing machines?
>> -- Keir
> Sure, and of course thanks for help me co-debug it :)
> Seems it's not a quite urgent bug, so may I firstly complete Xen RAS core
> error recovery patch?
> I will have vacation for 2 weeks from Aug 19, before that I hope to make core
> error recovery patch done.
> When I come back, I will fix this bug ASAP, is it OK for your plan? If not,
> please let me know.
There's no rush now that noone else's development or testing is blocked on
Xen-devel mailing list