[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH 0/2] x86: Enabling emulated MSI injection
- To: Wei Liu <liuw@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 05:49:38 +0100
- Cc: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Wed, 25 May 2011 21:50:40 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=user-agent:date:subject:from:to:cc:message-id:thread-topic :thread-index:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=pO2xYkC47sUFAv2wZ/HE9st50r82/wOO7Sqd7wLyP6yzsxiaMsw1Lp24muWz4QfEhF RP4NCCmfMInAbbZhLDpj7Ouuzghcb9q+CvemRbRXYf15mhv885PpJPPPNPVMuYFZ/NvV faZaEFn3LjdvvBehuskZpK9A129iD5PV8uxFs=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcwbYFEyY5dP+n7QT06ZGlCUgjFJHA==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [PATCH 0/2] x86: Enabling emulated MSI injection
On 26/05/2011 04:06, "Wei Liu" <liuw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This patch series enables Xen to deliver emulated MSI for upstream QEMU.
> To achieve this goal, a new HVM operation -- HVMOP_inj_msi -- is
> added. Also the VMSI handling code for x86 is refactored. Libxc is
> modified as well.
> Tested with VirtIO net and VirtIO disk.
> Signed-off-by: Wei Liu <liuw@xxxxxxxxx>
Don't renumber existing HVMOPs, some of the numbers are baked into our guest
ABI. Define your new HVMOP at the end, and enclose in if defined(__XEN__) ||
defined(__XEN_TOOLS__) -- it is only used by toolstack (qemu) and this gives
us flexibility to change your new interface in future if we need to, as this
tells us it is not baked into the guest ABI.
Apart from that, collect an Ack from Stefano that this integrates okay with
his pirq/emuirq stuff for delivering HVM interrupts on event channels. It
may be that you're going in at a slightly too raw level. Stefano wrote a
bunch of the pirq stuff so he can advise on that.
Xen-devel mailing list