[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] xl save -c issues with Windows 7 Ultimate
- To: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: AP Xen <apxeng@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 12:15:02 -0700
- Cc: Shriram Rajagopalan <rshriram@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 03 May 2011 12:15:43 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=rNBPc+S7bH3/vzKTSbToYEpbuH8Zl1qhPsp40D5q/+Q=; b=PU6trU9+Ua9L+vsA3mNmpB9KpAbXwRcQ8BLVfg5nNAMMrTUHVoA/P68juImQVHuOhH 12IcfjkrwBsLGHQaNaCLnXvGAhfaLp3lIbE7tVeUMe5xc6yV0WzJJSe0bXNWGevskJGp NNie1qjLDtsG3gHf8Bo0jnaVNVnS4ca+nDkMM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=YxQXwHbp7SM2Qtj4UbLJ3Xswuj2qESI1M5tISKoxHe9NJVJOGnIv1RgveprI34StLs U6W2qhkzz8imshHxs3EC+FL6ZeLYrQohAYuqotUcVSYUZGi3koMdf3QN0NqWn0CyKyCV bE35EDSytsHyRU5etEuXpSaxLTIqXM/SnEjpo=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
I am not running with any PV drivers. I can try with James Harper's
GPLPV drivers and see how it behaves.
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 20:28 +0100, AP Xen wrote:
>> I am trying to do an "xl save -c" on a Windows 7 Ultimate domain that
>> will leave the domain running at the end of the save operation.
> Do you have pv drivers installed which support checkpoint suspends? I'm
> not sure if such a thing even exists for Windows.
> I'm also not entirely sure that checkpointing was ever supported for HVM
> domains without PV drivers (e.g. via emulated hibernation). Perhaps the
> Remus guys know?
>> At the end of this the domain is frozen. Is this a known issue? Any
>> pointers as to how to debug this? Where does xl pipe its debug
>> messages to?
> /var/log/xen/xl-<domname>.log. You can also do "xl -vvv <command>" to
> get some additional debug output.
Xen-devel mailing list