[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Bug in Xen 4.1.0: Xen leaks tapdisk2 processes
- To: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Nathan March <nathan@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 10:18:50 -0700
- Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andreas Kinzler <ml-xen-devel@xxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 03 May 2011 10:19:49 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=gt.net; h=message-id:date :from:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; s=mail; bh=z1FdG4AJ20Ke Hu/cEmxzj2D+3c4=; b=xVnv7TtSSEJiitjgUkqKOZ4CgVNe91D95bVD9k5KQGhh iVltlEXZw9iWnaIHA1AuJ6eYr9DF4I3+W+4rz4zViHeZGVwSK9UX8aX7+Jhw3uKI UJXpmdjmXQESWFJZR7ivPoT0DV59Wm+k0YcbdIkyrAQXf5+uKEobPpXUnVHWW5M=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gt.net; h=message-id:date :from:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; q=dns; s=mail; b=rZpywn m6yjuCxFI9ff3CU5z+Xfy9PQgH/uO5qRg/bsWOI5IXGMmk/G2gp3h4v11zab3LjK +7Zzh2aw3ZSU6WP00rjJKtl2fVtkAXjDUrxB6zAZfJTdjXjeQVLp09Bidaed7To+ p2l0BfLwmnQOwQ92I41SjHGoMITasgGJSUT5o=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On 5/3/2011 8:56 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 20:39 +0100, Nathan March wrote:
>>> > > in Xen 4.1.0 using "tap2:aio:/dev/sdaX" Xen leaks tapdisk2 processes.
>>> > > After running some VMs and terminating them, only dom0 running, "ps
>>> > > aux" shows:
>> > I can definitely confirm this, on a machine with 2 active VMs:
> I'm assuming this is xl specific and that xend isn't behaving this way
> too, is that correct?
That's a good question, I'm not really sure. I'm doing all the vm
creation/migration/shutdown using libvirt 0.9.0 rc1 and just connecting
with xen:/// to the local xend. I thought xl was just a userspace
replacement for xm and the backend functionality was the same?
I don't have a spare server to test the patch with at the moment, but I
can try this out later this week.
Xen-devel mailing list