[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Performance difference between Xen versions
- To: Juergen Gross <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 09:49:02 +0100
- Cc: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Mon, 02 May 2011 01:50:12 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:user-agent:date:subject:from:to:cc:message-id:thread-topic :thread-index:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=dE6x/AbXhROk5ySACV9CMdCf9jiNmL80s/FAF89l5REt9gTjPf/obLQ0p1CpFpMdUd 7tWINPVQJe+06OlBZBjG/XbTS74gbraFk+xclLG0ljgBY5kYRuOHOBwRcn70NUSd+fAe KT2cV/yjd48iKTcqtAkyU/+55WOT+jBZJ6wbQ=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcwIpcjlrUgXRRltw0CKFMDqvwksNA==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Performance difference between Xen versions
On 02/05/2011 09:23, "Juergen Gross" <juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/02/11 10:15, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>>>> On 02.05.11 at 10:00, Juergen Gross<juergen.gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On the long run I'd like to make the cpufreq governor a feature of the
>>> cpupool. This would enable an administrator of a large Xen machine
>>> with a heterogeneous load to specify which domains should run at
>>> full speed and which are allowed to save energy at the cost of latency.
>>> What do you think?
>> Certainly an interesting idea, with the question of how an implementation
>> of this would look like.
> Let me do some research work first :-)
> I hope to make a proposal soon.
I think it's a good idea, and it should be quite possible to implement
Xen-devel mailing list