[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] on starting HVM-domU whole system freezes with "soft lockup - CPU X stuck for XXs! [qemu-dm:...]" [xen 4.0, xen 4.1]
- To: <MadLoisae@xxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir.xen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:04:04 +0100
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:05:22 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:user-agent:date:subject:from:to:cc:message-id :thread-topic:thread-index:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Cgd9GM2s1JqLH6073L9EF0A1wH58ngP60z7sVdUmHCU=; b=n2NzSv5iCghmk2Mcdv4Ce5Ihp7BAb4vQQD/3NjtgIfDa4gFj/hF7DzTMunQmotVHjo vt7/g6paAyFwFCDMPTCaGtmnDHuhdvUg005LcWq7iK3GUwRL+WFuIPMay1MFeZRKd4Bz Pu4MM2w7YGi7OkTVDJc6P7ieulEwjGwXHkE+A=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=user-agent:date:subject:from:to:cc:message-id:thread-topic :thread-index:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=SYQjK8OVKNafyQTwyjZHz+peHLcUCtDdnpEWSeVZv8Z9ZHV8yx+4OJy2/kyaq47U2X TlCL2lp2ukL00PkLRPfsNZih312Oc2i1aW3J4N6dcAZFzg9ER7bywFP+o9yoxMovK0Zj 85iM5QvpyVE+1CSEKQTfC7Vin7L6c1Yi5ZFWI=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: Acv6JrOnakyB/lhbrEe8enba8osH8g==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] on starting HVM-domU whole system freezes with "soft lockup - CPU X stuck for XXs! [qemu-dm:...]" [xen 4.0, xen 4.1]
On 13/04/2011 22:38, "MadLoisae@xxxxxxx" <MadLoisae@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Keir,
> thanks for your idea.
> Have installed xen 4.1 amd64 packages, boots correctly but sadly the
> same issue.
> I've attached xm dmesg and dmesg from dom0 (and also attached this time
> missing logs from my last mail)
> Thanks in advance for further hints.
The logs don't show much, except that dom0 seems to be losing interrupts
after the HVM guest starts. Do you get more from 'xm dmesg' if you boot Xen
with the extra boot parameters "loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all"? What is your
HVM domain config?
> On 04/13/2011 08:44 PM, Keir Fraser wrote:
>> On 13/04/2011 19:20, "MadLoisae@xxxxxxx"<MadLoisae@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> can anybody tell me where I can search for the issue?
>>> currently I tried to change architecture to amd64, but as it is not only
>>> the kernel and xen itself this is not a "fast try", so hopefully
>>> somebody can help me here.
>> You only need to update Xen itself to x86_64. 64-bit Xen can run 32-bit
>> kernels just fine. And 64-bit Xen gets *loads* more testing than 32-bit Xen.
>> -- Keir
Xen-devel mailing list