[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [SPAM] Re: kernel BUG at arch/x86/xen/mmu.c:1860! - ideas.
- To: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
- From: Teck Choon Giam <giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 21:16:26 +0800
- Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Hunter <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 06:17:19 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=P0U76NFz/Is7M/s0gFyPWRd0moqMZyQBjy8Q0oQ+lQI=; b=XPg5V16KrgTjzLCfOU5EuqfbYITo2wHkLusVc2o9h4vHkZ7COEXgGFftunLhq01sqm NeH8iksYZkH6sylxeIJHCjtZZzkFv3zwhMXzlQ5vL80D4wcAZMaBxyuKf9c8yJ4VaXw1 68pCVrMJ4YwSIHW04YP58PNxpOVChiZbFZCFY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=NaWvmS6d2rqxFZNksX2KfrxLQ9b2LBdfpDPHQxThTzDD/VQMcecIoHDAzviLyP6QVp b3UJcbLNNKrMAxE/yY5wEPOux7962+71ewHL/SdnxZs2F0sK+NNFwnG8CVq37PGGCjdf 82vT2OYAMSvyft4h8hB4j7JTUfobE6sK/6QYw=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 12:53 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> Please don't top post.
>> On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 00:20 +0100, Dave Hunter wrote:
>>> Is it likely that Debian would release an updated kernel in squeeze with
>>> this configuration? (sorry, this might not be the place to ask).
>> I doubt they will, enabling DEBUG_PAGEALLOC seems very much like a
>> workaround not a solution to me.
> Yes, it will impose a pretty large performance overhead.
I understand that option will impose a pretty large performance
overhead but it is currently a working trade-off/solution/workaround
;) It is better to have that trade-off than having an unstable host
server for those of us who need LVM snapshots related... IMO.
Hopefully you or Konrad can have a look into the related codes and if
need some testers... I always will try my best to test any new patches
if available to test its stability in this... ...
Giam Teck Choon
Xen-devel mailing list