[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] Enble 6 argument hypercalls for HVMs
- To: Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:20:46 +0000
- Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 05:21:47 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:sender:user-agent:date :subject:from:to:cc:message-id:thread-topic:thread-index:in-reply-to :mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=KDPuaaIVMffMLQrM6tQKT9SiT7sCW3fwLw1LYM2JDts=; b=kDhrZ03Dkoq5JddWzLDR3FgInAlVpVfi9CI86BS3nqXlO8B9Tz5bygq0GE/ob/OwnJ zwKBrfU6PoDVZ3kTD7clXp6bJUTrpjGtZ7CgSXKZokypDr8cKfTB9NGcHTpnreBxXYIb Qiyv+xY4gh82IzvELPtaRgcIelXkOL47quPKE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=sender:user-agent:date:subject:from:to:cc:message-id:thread-topic :thread-index:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=UWGf28Ldv8rK2DqDDf2UhFqANK7K0gnbJGE/r4IHoOGIaNON5Cpm1DLej5fK/YDhb9 FZw+j0VghcTJGHlC/rlpmN5xjvNIEEusTtKqzRqJDN/bJ2TF/1z9QR58vLgAWNcVeO/w Po/xBJcVOOInf5/B5O7AupmwD4oIHSf4q5ObE=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcucWuHUavZAr7DjekSQAQ5w2fBRCg==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] Enble 6 argument hypercalls for HVMs
On 15/12/2010 12:12, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>> On 15.12.10 at 12:43, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On 15/12/2010 10:40, "Jan Beulich" <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Looking at this code also makes me wonder once again whether
>>> it really is a good idea to have a generally not taken forward
>>> branch here.
>> Which generally not-taken branch? The 'je 1f' instruction generally *will*
>> be taken!
> Oops, of course - it being taken is the problem, as it'll be statically
Well, moving the trace code out of line, perhaps into the fixup section,
would be good for cache locality. And then we would have a rarely taken
forward branch (since the fixup section comes after normal text).
I'm sure there are a bunch of places in our asm code where we could do this.
Feel free to fix them all up, if you like.
Xen-devel mailing list