[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] [PATCH 3/5] vtdt: Modify vlapic code to add vtdt support
- To: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Wei, Gang" <gang.wei@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:13:10 +0800
- Accept-language: zh-CN, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: zh-CN, en-US
- Cc: "Wei, Gang" <gang.wei@xxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 02:22:14 -0800
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcubPslPXD79XKNoRpanX8il5iAsXgAMXEvzAAAbfHAAASRLwAAAhzWg
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [PATCH 3/5] vtdt: Modify vlapic code to add vtdt support
Keir Fraser wrote on 2010-12-14:
>>> Writing any value to LVTT zaps TMICT,TMCCT,MSR_TDT? That seems
>>> pretty unlikely to me! This obviously has effects on behaviour
>>> outside TDT emulation as it affects TMICT/TMCCT emulation. Looks
>>> dangerous, as well as wrong.
>> It should be better to do the zaps only while the mode bits of LVTT changes.
> What is real hardware behaviour here? I don't see any zappings documented.
SDM said "A write to the LVT Timer Register that changes the timer mode
disarms the local APIC timer".
Xen-devel mailing list