[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] xen/netback: Fix null-pointer access in netback_uevent
- To: Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Bastian Blank <waldi@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:42:13 +0200
- Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 05:42:58 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Mail-followup-to: Bastian Blank <waldi@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:47:15PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 17:20 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > 78b55f90e72348e231092dbe3e50ac7414b9e1af still fails:
> > | BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 0000000000000150
> > | IP: [<ffffffff81200764>] netback_uevent+0x8c/0xb9
> I tried to reproduce this on squeeze (installed this morning) but
> without luck. I'm running on amd64 with the hypervisor and tools from
> squeeze and your
> linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64_2.6.32-19~xen.2_amd64.deb test package
> (md5 e3bb29be9588fa75b7740c046352b15b).
Its a race condition, so you may or may not see it. It is rather good
reproducible on my test machine with 12 cores and a lot of guest
creations running at once (32 to be exact in my case).
> Did you apply a fix/workaround to your package?
Yes, this is included since 2.6.32-15.
> I'm about to try with a
> pristine 78b55f90e72348e231092dbe3e50ac7414b9e1af from xen.git but any
> tips on reproducing gratefully accepted.
Try linux-image-2.6.32-5-xen-amd64_2.6.32-19~xen.1_amd64.deb, the only
difference to the newer is that the fix is again included.
"Get back to your stations!"
"We're beaming down to the planet, sir."
-- Kirk and Mr. Leslie, "This Side of Paradise",
Xen-devel mailing list