[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] one video card - can I PCI-pass-through to DomU?
- To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: Alexander Ivanov <apivanov@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:06:49 -0400
- Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:07:41 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:reply-to:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=Ila50V/rGj3YAWLYUMUb/aI20dICMOdDcOgFqNtN3cc=; b=DHzJFglmr/JZt3fcUqWEM9+bikiNHBz0bPIQxVGga770d+TAp5KsBQuYgFGMR3N9ZC cE6tcQ0YZRFpqIi/wvQlpSy9SMHrvJ3T9iq0pyy7QAtx/T3zcNP5HEYeHXHkoRpL45lR +IJmLEszHsWKxHq6j2WiMbZVBoPaLM7mMWrLQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:reply-to:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=GeTMwO0jPV3CDQ8yPipi9EJrGO61b4wSColg9L5GS2i0gjGHg96oRL/Wyu4FIMT8Dj E3dssocIodJO6TbKETJjeqrgJhxlNzrN36vxFf6F2KMN4jjpWCXfqXVwV8xUUGHm9yDx d9Xyk7bRMRjNvyWIe4xBt/UNfQXQOU6oP0/Uw=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
first want to say that I've been a happy user of Xen for about 6 months already - replaced bunch of old servers with just 2 machines reducing power consumption and increasing reliability at the same time (not speaking about systemsÂmaintenance!).
But now I got a problem. In short -Âis it possible to "PCI pass-though" to HVM guest the only graphical card on a physical server?
I've been running several servers with Xen (3.4.2/3.4.3) with a bunch of VMs (both PV and HVM, Win/Linux) and it works great. Now I have one Windows application that seems can't be virtualized due to some graphics activity (basically lot of grids needs to be displayed and updated - and it all in Visual Basic) - neither standard VGA or cirrus logic modes can render it so it would perform good enough. So the idea is to give my physical server's card to this particular VM.
I guess if I would have 2 video cards in the server passing through the second card to HVM (windows 2003x32 server) would be not a problem, would it? But if I only have 1 card - is it possible at all?
Xen-devel mailing list