[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.1-rc4 and stable 2.6.32.x pvops won't start xend
- To: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
- From: "Rose, Gregory V" <gregory.v.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:52:49 -0700
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:53:49 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: Acsn6rU5L6A6s2mvT4aaUNl+RSL54QAOCMiA
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.1-rc4 and stable 2.6.32.x pvops won't start xend
>From: Pasi Kärkkäinen [mailto:pasik@xxxxxx]
>Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:05 AM
>To: Rose, Gregory V
>Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.0.1-rc4 and stable 2.6.32.x pvops won't
>> I saw some posts to the xen-devel archive from the late June timeframe
>that discuss a similar error message but when I went to look at the
>xc_private.c source file it doesn't look anything like the file
>mentioned in the emails.
>> Anyone have any idea what's going on? The 220.127.116.11 pvops kernel
>I think this has been discussed multiple times recently on this list..
>I've been on vacation, so I haven't followed very closely, so I can't
>point you to the correct answer :)
>First check the "Xend (and/or xenstored) does not start when using
>pv_ops dom0 kernel?" section from
>Does that help?
Well, it tells me what is wrong but not how to fix it...
For some reason the stable-2.6.32x branch doesn't have the drivers/xen/gntdev
driver source in it while the 2.6.31 kernel does. Beats me why...
When I run menuconfig in the 2.6.31 kernel I see the option for XEN_GNTDEV but
not in the 2.6.32 kernel. Copying the config from 2.6.31 to 2.6.32 doesn't
help because the driver module is missing from the tree and just won't show up.
I'll go search the archives some more and see if I can find any answers.
Thanks for the pointers.
Xen-devel mailing list