[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [XEN][vNUMA][PATCH 9/9] Disable Migration with numa_strategy
- To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Dulloor <dulloor@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 01:59:39 -0700
- Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 02:01:01 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=4yNxiVBZeLUy3Qfd0EyqK4tAI5PZF6HzgKlHVHM5A/0=; b=RMOytsN2Szd54qR14uitAUU+Py434Gmp+ZOxcGj1rxUjFdo2Bs9SfCiG0p86ntukNF 6rKDg+4XUv+ji7l0pNcoF6uprYDzwd2RaHxlspsIS7q94e+FRkVBnDj/z9gUy6QmfqjQ Jk9WQHlHULLtEd4WKcT3x5+XQYbBLHlc1YokI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=sl7hzaq4/NyrU9M+7Ci+A4Vw0ONVDA0WPOA8ytzW6S7DxV6OkV9J/abYWpz1B2BU3L KHqTcVpNqjyIQlGx8WDE7+EhNZe+RYOZ+M0sTe8o2Bk5g1yrM0iSH9269O1QFTAzzgCc gfA4knZNrcR/fSTqF/QCOCJvAJCYps9TaJS2Y=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Dan Magenheimer
> Hmmm... disable_migrate did indeed disable migration last
> time I checked it. But to be precise, it disabled restore
> and live migration from the receiver side (which should
> cause the migration to fail). I'm also not sure if it
> was ever tested for HVM. And I implemented it in xend
> not xl, so perhaps that is what is different?
Oh ok .. I added support only for xl and couldn't find a place where
is referred to in libxl.
> Can you provide more information, please?
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Dulloor [mailto:dulloor@xxxxxxxxx]
>> Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 5:56 PM
>> To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: [Xen-devel] [XEN][vNUMA][PATCH 9/9] Disable Migration with
>> We don't preserve the NUMA properties of the VM across the migration.
>> Just disable the migration for now. Also, setting disable_migrate
>> doesn't seem to stop one from actually migrating a VM. So, this patch
>> is only for documentation.
>> Signed-off-by : Dulloor <dulloor@xxxxxxxxx>
Xen-devel mailing list