Re: [Xen-devel] Need help in debugging partially blocked hypervisor

On 30/10/2009 12:20, "Dietmar Hahn" <dietmar.hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I searched the intel processor spec but couldn't find any help.
> So my questions is, what is wrong here?
> Can anybody with more knowledge point me in the right direction, what can I
> still
> do to find the real cause of this?

You should probably Cc one of the Intel guys who implemented this stuff --
I've added Haitao Shan.

Meanwhile I'd be interested to know whether things work okay for you, minus
performance counters and the hypervisor hang, if you return immediately from
vpmu_initialise(). Really at minimum we need such a fix, perhaps with a boot
paremeter to re-enable the feature, for 3.4.2 release; allowing guests to
hose the hypervisor like this is of course not on.

 -- Keir