[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] [PATCH] use "reliable" tsc properly when available, but verify
- To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:17:34 +0100
- Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:17:57 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcpBHMRU/aME/UPYTq2ojhTuKgyP9QAC/eMe
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [RFC] [PATCH] use "reliable" tsc properly when available, but verify
On 29/09/2009 16:51, "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This proposed patch is really only important for Phase
> II, but given all the confusion around whether tsc is
> reliable/safe/constant/nonstop on various machines,
> I think it might be good to get code into Xen --
> sooner rather than later -- that "measures" this
> so we can confirm if the promises made by processor
> and system vendors are (or are not) being delivered.
> Does that make more sense?
That makes it a nice-to-have. But not nice enough to have all CPUs groove
off for 2ms every once in a while, imo.
Xen-devel mailing list