[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] replace rdtsc emulation-vs-native xen boot option with per-domain (hypervisor part)
- To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-Devel (E-mail)" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:55:18 +0100
- Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:55:48 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcpAdCOyvoF8NBmaTZaWQfZa9oBkTAACdiHk
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] replace rdtsc emulation-vs-native xen boot option with per-domain (hypervisor part)
On 28/09/2009 20:44, "Dan Magenheimer" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rebuild from scratch didn't help. Oddly I
> accidentally ran a 32-bit hypervisor and didn't
> see the problem. I'm seeing the problem on a
> 32-bit dom0 with 64-bit hypervisor. Are you
> testing on a 64-bit dom0? (e.g. maybe a conpat
> mode problem?)
I tested 64-bit dom0 on 64-bit hypervisor. Compat mode problems shouldn't be
an issue since domctls do not have a compat shim.
Our automated tests also check 32-bit dom0 on 32-bit Xen and on 64-bit Xen,
and they all passed fine too.
> Continuing to look into it.
Xen-devel mailing list