[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] What's the state of dom0 S3? It doesn't work on latest xen
- To: Qing He <qing.he@xxxxxxxxx>
- From: Tom Rotenberg <tom.rotenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 22:25:46 +0300
- Cc: "xci-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xci-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Wei, Gang" <gang.wei@xxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:26:11 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=iVzxyXgJiZIf0bHcC4cIjhBecE2vB+pCkHbX2W+G/hA=; b=aLZ2QflOopPpnp1eJGo2ayQ5VIaJ46usTJKqo3Z/iUIjn6fkKaLRRyI9KsLq5Z4pib h9WZW+w41hN5uzQpH8oVg5pGIS3z6AIrLBsH98Pqcp9vANHFsE/MAYIiUe8O+3zhUpNy LtKrqmBPQrxlm0n2qB/AHQfiNtiZVKzSqsBII=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Ie1bYkYfUSn9YQabDLbqCblTxRMyiG5WemKtlas5CkjHyKrM8pcaH59y2PNx86yP6e 9klOlgTFVbsRQgSwLeze3Yh5hpwMB5RhUb7XIS7ftowIAlR9FIbGmqJCTlwM8SKv7Vuz lUWGitdx7za2IDadpZemySRUf3zchH+uQj8vA=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On which machine did u try it on?
what version of Xen & what version of the kernel were u using?
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Qing He <qing.he@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 16:00 +0800, Tom Rotenberg wrote:
>> So, if i clone the latest xen unstable, and build it, it should work?
> Well, although I got MSI device working after a S3 resume on my box,
> I just found it still lacking something. The hypervisor doesn't
> automatically restore the vectors to the physical devices, but only
> does that on a hypercall: physdev_restore_msi.
> I guess that it works because the S3 during is short and the addr/data
> are still in the device?
>> How should i send the machine to sleep? running 's2ram' causes a
>> segmentation fault...
> I uses the following:
> echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
> echo +20 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm
> echo mem > /sys/power/state
>> On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:39 AM, Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > On 09/16/09 18:14, Wei, Gang wrote:
>> >> Current dom0 S3 should work with pci=nomsi. For msi case, we already have
>> >> workaround which may be sent out soon. The formal solution for msi case
>> >> which may require config space emulation need more consideration &
>> >> discussion.
>> > Actually I applied the MSI workaround today.
>> > ? ?J
Xen-devel mailing list