[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH 1/2] graphics passthrough with VT-d
- To: "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
- From: Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:12:32 +0100
- Cc: "'xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Lin, Ben Y" <ben.y.lin@xxxxxxxxx>, "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>, Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir, "'bengheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bengheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 01:13:14 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 03:54:05AM -0400, Han, Weidong wrote:
> This patch supports basic gfx passthrough on xen side:
> - retrieves VGA bios from host VGA BIOS address (0xC0000), then load it to
> guest VGA BIOS address (This is the same with XCI).
> - Enlarge guest MMIO range to contain gfx card's large memory
> - add a config option 'gfx_passthru' for gfx passthrough
> Signed-off-by: Ben Lin <ben.y.lin@xxxxxxxxx>
> Signed-off-by: Weidong Han <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
First thanks for taking the time to upstream those patch
that will help a lot.
I think the patch will be let intrusive if we could do all
that bios mapping + copying inside qemu so we don't need to
modify the xc_hvm_build function.
Qemu starts before the bios so that should be doable.
Xen-devel mailing list