[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] stubdomain conf error
- To: Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Giorgenes Gelatti <giorgenes@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 16:30:07 -0300
- Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:30:35 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=R/C6qijGSKOZYTcviIsWpJxj35Y5tfwDRKbNC2c+wgY=; b=CeBzcMZvAUj8qjjjypNfrC2rJiTKopDIh5dQX+F56X0ckgwPu63XOI2NfAAS9YJhru IX64+VlG1iz68vQSGBqd3el0RiW7tqMoXQXkKANyqSy14/WnCiQ2prgSxzGkA873aljP GGO99xf6XG2DQLfSAu8DKvLdGmjUzdGz7moKQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=iNkrrGcUjuC5WeBThN578FYPKfPKRsKLAbUrRizlGn5551jfpti8sgyUNEmQsPwEHO 6tLFLzNn4m8INqHpNMp1czbF/dDDOkeHdAQ0ceHpBqaZdqlJRykOaW466qRlCI3K5tnL mpEsJTIhy8WHsh/KMIQiSOuytt7XVGq0cyuS4=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
I think it isn't the case. mount and losetup don't show anything.
I looks like it just happens the first time I run xm create.
If I try it again it "works".
Well, the first time it "worked" it freezed the whole system actually.
After reboot, I issued xm create again, which caused the same error again.
I rerunned it and this time it created the VM pair: the hvm and the stubdomain.
Connecting to the VNC interface works, but only shows a black screen.
Running xm list shows the stubdomain isn't running at all:
# xm list
NameÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ IDÂÂ Mem VCPUsÂÂÂÂÂ StateÂÂ Time(s)
Domain-0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 0ÂÂ 252ÂÂÂÂ 2ÂÂÂÂ r-----ÂÂÂ 204.0
debstubhvmÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 3ÂÂ 128ÂÂÂÂ 1ÂÂÂÂ r-----ÂÂ 9356.5
debstubhvm-dmÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 4ÂÂÂ 32ÂÂÂÂ 1ÂÂÂÂ -b----ÂÂÂÂÂ 0.0
the stubdomain status started with "p", then I unpaused it manually and it went into "b" forever.
Thanks for your help.
2009/7/14 Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009, Giorgenes Gelatti wrote:Try unmouting /dev/loop2, it probably remained mounted from one of your
> Well, I've just find out that I was missing a basic step: running fs-backend.
> I couldn't run the stubdomain running it either.
> Now i'm trying with xen-unstable and I'm getting this error:
> # xm create xmexample.hvm-stubdom
> Using config file "./xmexample.hvm-stubdom".
> Error: Device 768 (vbd) could not be connected.
> File /home/ggelatti/disk.img is loopback-mounted through /dev/loop2,
> which is mounted in a guest domain,
> and so cannot be mounted now.
> Any thoughts on that?
> Tks again.
previous failed attempts.
Xen-devel mailing list