[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xen-devel] Xen 3.4 fails to shutdown on a Dell E6400 machine
- To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: Tom Rotenberg <tom.rotenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 14:13:00 +0300
- Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 04:13:34 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=q74Rj1fmoni2vI6ocducqm2jicQwHh7g8weMVBbMaxI=; b=WkgO42xjqffeZpbNNFMrPzm7ItONlo4lslZbDF6e364saM3q7qL/Ff90jndtFfx5+P Z0V6e63nf3xTRpnrIT1SL0Li7Nkkudosm6/XXDlwi+AFjAJ5YqVnHMUMq1K2N9GDlGMb Cyihdmvd6VunPsY6LIH1tgyJc37fkqz3QSuZM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=sWg2Do2DWOXcf6SfR7RfyXFHbZpkpGWYdSzScTf5/ZfbfBenBKYPtJfC0+Ta3z0alN iZ+7NK3+Nj2E81dQgKuyinIot99hxij8J/WyyKto6rU3fffZCMvE8YRdaOwV0WCUk4rp E3ruTWvZIFzuhTQipdGlmhiXoTXb6Mbthy1KU=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
I am using a Dell E6400 machine with Xen 3.4 version, and the Xen hypervisor fails to shutdown the machine.
Here are my test results:
1. When booting with a regular Linux (without Xen), then running the command: 'shutdown -hP now' causes the machine to be shut-down.
2. When using Xen 3.4, and running the command: 'shutdown -hP now', the machine looks like it was shutdown, but it's still on. It looks, like the Xen's code, didn't shut it down "completely".
The last log lines of Xen are:
[ 60.511271] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Synchronizing SCSI cache
[ 60.748492] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Stopping disk
[ 61.546728] ACPI: PCI interrupt for device 0000:00:19.0 disabled
[ 61.562170] hub 2-0:1.0: hub_port_status failed (err = -110)
[ 61.562263] hub 2-0:1.0: hub_port_status failed (err = -110)
[ 61.567306] Disabling non-boot CPUs ...
[ 61.341223] Broke affinity for irq 259
[ 61.341312] Broke affinity for irq 260
[ 61.341394] Broke affinity for irq 261
[ 61.678156] SMP alternatives: switching to UP code
[ 61.679481] CPU1 is down
[ 61.679559] Power down.
[ 61.679636] acpi_power_off called
(XEN) Preparing system for ACPI S5 state.Freezing cpus ...
(XEN) Prepare to bring CPU1 down...
(XEN) Cannot set affinity for vector 224 (irq 0)
(XEN) CPU 1 is now offline
(XEN) CPU1 is down
(XEN) Entering ACPI S5 state.
It looks like the hypervisor said he was enetring "ACPI S5 state", but didn't do it.
Can someone please help me with this issue?
Xen-devel mailing list