[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] What is the current state of Dom0 kernel support?
- To: Anthony Wright <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 01:48:48 -0300
- Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 21:49:19 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=fhZm8WMuGy20kfPTp8GVoGc46XaoH9DPODcvgnYHIxcY758sethaiIQ4uwiNQAf0nr EQTXmhW+LjRD1FAIeZKdHXG9ypYUga2yqtAIhQM23cq9HJdydUB/sp+oiGg2NQ5OcFj1 6GhepxelPluprZYzoENtwqFmsa4Jc8DbsAW5Y=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
Well, I'm using the Linux 2.6.26 as dom0 since december 2008, from Debian Lenny, it is pretty stable and supports modern hardware without problems... Both 32 and 64 bits are working very well in my datacenter, I have +50 Xens based on Debian... Also, OpenSUSE 11 have Linux 2.6.27 with dom0 support...
2009/6/18 Anthony Wright <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I've seen a number of posts relating to dom0 support in more recent
kernel versions, but I'm unsure what the current situation is and
wondered if somebody might be able clarify things.
I saw a lot of activity around 2.6.30 to get the dom0 patches accepted
into the mainline kernel, but now while I believe the 2.6.31 merge
window is open I see very little activity. There was an interesting
thread prior to the merge window opening on the subject of dom0 support
and wondered if as a result of this there's been a decision not to try
to get the patches accepted at this time? If this is the case is there a
plan to try again in the future?
I also saw a thread from Kier recently on the subject of the xenbits
linux trees, and wondered if any decision came out of that? Within the
thread I saw mention of a number of other kernel patch sets that offer
dom0 in a more recent kernels, but certain features seem to be missing
from each one.
If I wanted to to use a more recent kernel for dom0 within the next 3
months what options are available, and do these options have any
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel mailing list