[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] TSC scaling for live migration between platforms with different TSC frequecies
- To: John Levon <levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 07:49:00 +0800
- Accept-language: en-US
- Acceptlanguage: en-US
- Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dong, Eddie" <eddie.dong@xxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Zhang, Xiantao" <xiantao.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 16:50:34 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcnwNKUvyeKMk+8IQRmcMma1nEwZMAAOghCw
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] TSC scaling for live migration between platforms with different TSC frequecies
>> question is: If it is important to ALWAYS emulate RDTSC,
>> can the Xen code be written to handle RDTSC emulation
>> much faster? If it could be made fast enough, the
This is in our plan. The perf overhead of sysbench.oltp could be ~10% due to
rdtsc exiting. But even with optimization, we still need this software scaling
as a fall back.
>I'd be amazed if this were possible.
We posted the idea several weeks ago. See
Will that impact Solaris?
Xen-devel mailing list