[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] Experimental results for VGA passthrough
- To: "Beng Heng, Ng" <bengheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Jean Guyader <jean.guyader@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 11:59:42 +0200
- Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 03:00:13 -0700
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=RcXkJGpjPRcRldEmC5HRGy1vRNSEhisJuxTIhgISMZPy5MDFhIlNxCTcEE2KQt/EeK OBSoiHuZuoA32Gu5/o2Fe3kxMUhDd4BZ3/swtQfanreJ4gRaSaxvccDmjFSqJkPwQjrl GJ2W+9JAyLcYLif0oruamOY0i4ljb26i/owyM=
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
We have a patch to the FLR support to pciback.
2009/6/6 Beng Heng, Ng <bengheng@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Apologies, I missed your earlier point about the FLR. I'll try that out.
> - Beng Heng
> Beng Heng, Ng wrote:
>> Hi Jean,
>> For the linux guest, I tested using Ubuntu 64-bit. It doesn't seem to
>> work well, and hangs shortly after boot-up. I've attached a short clip
>> and hopefully that can explain my observations better. I've also
>> attached logs from the serial terminal and Qemu. I'd like to bring your
>> attention to the last lines of the Qemu log, which warns that the guest
>> is trying to write to unused BAR.
>> On the other hand, things are much smoother with Vista 64-bit. I have
>> tried no less than three times, and all went smoothly. Even the
>> resolution, color and Aero feature are equivalent to native. The only
>> minor issue is that after shutdown, the screen becomes blank. But I
>> suppose this is better than XP which was "stuck" in the shutdown screen.
>> I have the logs and clip for Vista as well. As the clip is bigger, I'll
>> only send it to you if you want.
>> Please let me know if there's any comments or suggestions which you'd
>> like me to try out. Thanks and have a great weekend.
>> Warmest Regards,
>> Beng Heng
>> Jean Guyader wrote:
>>> Could you tell me if it works with a Vista guest or a linux hvm guest?
>>> The page fault and the screen still stays on Windows issue are due to
>>> the lack of FLR in your kernel. Doing a FLR on the graphic card before
>>> booting and when the domain shutdown will fix those.
Xen-devel mailing list