[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-users] Re: Merge Xen (the hypervisor) into Linux
- To: Florian Manschwetus <florianmanschwetus@xxxxxx>
- From: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 10:03:45 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: "jeremy@xxxxxxxx" <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jens.axboe@xxxxxxxxxx" <jens.axboe@xxxxxxxxxx>, "npiggin@xxxxxxx" <npiggin@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "kurt.hackel@xxxxxxxxxx" <kurt.hackel@xxxxxxxxxx>, "x86@xxxxxxxxxx" <x86@xxxxxxxxxx>, Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>, "avi@xxxxxxxxxx" <avi@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>, Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxxxxxx>, "wimcoekaerts@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <wimcoekaerts@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ksrinivasan <ksrinivasan@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Theodore Tso <tytso@xxxxxxx>, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gregkh@xxxxxxx" <gregkh@xxxxxxx>, "linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "EAnderson@xxxxxxxxxx" <EAnderson@xxxxxxxxxx>, "torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 04:22:08 -0700
- List-id: Xen user discussion <xen-users.lists.xensource.com>
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Florian Manschwetus wrote:
> On the other side why use linux as dom0?
> just take a second to mind about OpenSolaris as dom0 (release state would
> close up soon to current state of xen), it gifts you zfs.
Let's turn this around a bit. Can we get Xen to keep a rock solid stable
ABI? Where the interface to Xen from Dom0 is never expected to break? All
old Dom0's will always work on Xen?
Document this interface, and that it will always work. If it is a clean
interface, then perhaps Linux could work with it. But it would need to be
non intrusive. I'll have to take some time to look at the Dom0 patches to
see what exactly it requires. Perhaps there's better ways to accomplish
what is being asked for.
Xen-users mailing list