[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] VMX status report. Xen: #17501 & Xen0: #524 -- two new issues
- To: "Li, Haicheng" <haicheng.li@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:18:42 +0100
- Cc: Kevin Wolf <kwolf@xxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 05:19:48 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcilKK2Z9ZBbRqIESv6ia56nvm3K+AAE32DD
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] VMX status report. Xen: #17501 & Xen0: #524 -- two new issues
On 23/4/08 10:59, "Li, Haicheng" <haicheng.li@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Fail to create any HVM guest on IA32PAE host
Looks like it is due to Kevin Wolf's changeset 17499. Your attempt to go
back to older tools obviously didn't work -- the backtrace in xend.log comes
from a line introduced by c/s 17499.
> 2. Dom0 hangs at booting if loglvl and guest_loglvl are set as all.
Well, the obvious answer is to print less drivel in the VT-d code. There's
no reason at all to print so much useless text, even in a debug build.
Actually a second point is that we should drop characters from the 16kB
serial buffer rather than spin in the hypervisor waiting for the buffer to
empty. I'll implement that.
Xen-devel mailing list