[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] [VTD] Separate VT-d page table from P2M table
- To: "Keir Fraser" <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>, "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 23:43:21 +0800
- Cc: "Xu, Anthony" <anthony.xu@xxxxxxxxx>, "Kay, Allen M" <allen.m.kay@xxxxxxxxx>
- Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 08:44:13 -0700
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AcikU/U3pfCdxRGgQWKd/PxtMk6F9AABbOHmAAAZSpAAAJq3BAADN6LwAAGQyzAAAMGNwAAAJK0NAAbwDTA=
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] [VTD] Separate VT-d page table from P2M table
>On 22/4/08 13:17, "Han, Weidong" <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Are you saying that the VT-d 2MB page format is different from the
>>> 2MB page format? Or that VTd does not support 2MB pages?
>> Now VTd does not support 2MB pages.
>Then don't allow EPT 2MB mappings for domains which have
EPT 2M page is already supported while VT-d 2M not, so for we have to
seperate the 2 guys if we want to use 2M page in EPT.
and of course we share the page tables if both sides use 4K pages.
Xen-devel mailing list