[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] respin of mprotect performance patch
- To: Bruce Rogers <brogers@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 09:21:04 +0000
- Delivery-date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 01:21:45 -0800
- List-id: Xen developer discussion <xen-devel.lists.xensource.com>
- Thread-index: AchVxZ663Q1W6MG4Edy3HAAWy6hiGQ==
- Thread-topic: [Xen-devel] [PATCH] respin of mprotect performance patch
On 13/1/08 03:08, "Bruce Rogers" <brogers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I made a few tweaks to your patch as follows:
> As I see it we need to preserve the existing AD bits but additionally OR in
> the AD bits being passed in (see behavior of pte_modify(), where it preserves
> current AD in use of _PAGE_CHG_MASK along with ORing in newprot bits, which
> include AD bits (A at least).)
> See update_intpte() for this change.
This way is strictly more expressive (you can get my behaviour by clearing
A/D bits in the passed-in 'val'). So seems good to me.
> Also we need to remove cmd value from req.ptr in do_mmu_update..
Yes, missed that.
Xen-devel mailing list